Saturday, June 24, 2006

exhaling

Thank you all so much for your kind words and offers of hugs. It's been a rough week.

What happened is not my story to tell, and so I won't be telling it here. What I can tell you is that things are being done about it, and that even though it was awful and scary, I am going to try to not talk about it here because it is not a story that is meant for public consumption.

Last night I sat with good friends and let them distract me from the events of the last week, and it was exactly what I needed. Today I went to the market and bought basil, lemons, a baguette, a Pinot Grigio and this amazing cheese that was marinated in olive oil. I'm going to go consume it all outside while Sadie curls up at my feet and French rap music wafts through the window onto my front yard.

Because, cliche though it's become, we here in Washington don't let them make us scared of our own streets. That is, after all, when the bad guys win.

1 comment:

Lillian said...

Good for you--take a break, get some R&R, and work through everything in whatever way is best for you. Meanwhile, warm fuzzies are still being sent your way--I hope everything turns out okay. Take care of yourself!