I've been so busy over the last month, I'd forgotten it's almost my birthday until my mother called last week and asked if I'd email her an Amazon wishlist. Specifically, she said "If I don't have it in my inbox there's no way I'll remember to buy you anything." Oh, how my heart sings at such warm, maternal sentiments.
So what should I ask for? I know what I want, but for some reason Amazon doesn't have a listing for "fistful of cash." Amazon really doesn't have any of the other things I'm considering asking for, which include but are not limited to:
- Tap dancing lessons
- For my father to go another 30 days without having major surgery
- A plane ticket to Austin or San Francisco for vacation this spring
- A case of El Mawby champagne
- An effortlessly perfect score on the GRE, which I am taking in three weeks
- Mothereffing inspiration, because damn, I haven't thought of anything remotely decent to blog about in, oh, foreverish