Thursday, January 05, 2006

like pollyanna, only with mild profanity

The Lord giveth: I have an interview I'm very excited for on Monday.

The Lord taketh away: Riding the Red Line while running work errands this afternoon, a baby spit up on me.

But I brought GYM CLOTHES today. HAH. Didn't see that one coming, did you, you all-knowing smartass? Gym clothes, as in "I get to wear a 'GW Football: Undefeated' t-shirt and pilly black running pants for the rest of the day and my boss can't say anything about it." See? I WILL find some good in this divine attempt to wreck my afternoon.

And though I will no doubt be visited by a plague of locusts or be enslaved by the Egyptians for my heresy, here's my response to God for attempting to overshadow the best news I've gotten all week: NYAH-NYAH-NYAH-NYAH-NYAH.

God, you cannot barf on my parade.

5 comments:

Law-Rah said...

That is my favorite shirt EVER! I see it all over campus and it still makes me laugh.

I-66 said...

Were you sitting/standing next to the baby? Or are we talking projectile here?

Lindsay said...

Hahaha I have that shirt too!

Swamp Pundette said...

Allow me to say for the record that 1)Your blog description at the top of the page is glorious, and 2)Your taste in music is astounding.

God I love Jamie Cullum.

ejtakeslife said...

SP-- Thanks! I loves me some JC, too.

L/L-- That shirt so the major advantage of a GW education.

I-66-- Sitting next to. It was merely unpleasant, as opposed to Exorcist-freaky.