Thursday, January 05, 2006

like pollyanna, only with mild profanity

The Lord giveth: I have an interview I'm very excited for on Monday.

The Lord taketh away: Riding the Red Line while running work errands this afternoon, a baby spit up on me.

But I brought GYM CLOTHES today. HAH. Didn't see that one coming, did you, you all-knowing smartass? Gym clothes, as in "I get to wear a 'GW Football: Undefeated' t-shirt and pilly black running pants for the rest of the day and my boss can't say anything about it." See? I WILL find some good in this divine attempt to wreck my afternoon.

And though I will no doubt be visited by a plague of locusts or be enslaved by the Egyptians for my heresy, here's my response to God for attempting to overshadow the best news I've gotten all week: NYAH-NYAH-NYAH-NYAH-NYAH.

God, you cannot barf on my parade.

4 comments:

Law-Rah said...

That is my favorite shirt EVER! I see it all over campus and it still makes me laugh.

I-66 said...

Were you sitting/standing next to the baby? Or are we talking projectile here?

Lindsay said...

Hahaha I have that shirt too!

EJ Takes Life said...

SP-- Thanks! I loves me some JC, too.

L/L-- That shirt so the major advantage of a GW education.

I-66-- Sitting next to. It was merely unpleasant, as opposed to Exorcist-freaky.