Saturday, January 07, 2006

why on this night do we finally realize life is pretty damn good after all?

I had one of those nights last night where it's made clear that God, or whatever happens to frolic in the sky and play with our silly mortal lives, is still at least a little bit on my side. That despite the baby spit-up and jogging fall that left me scraped and bruised and a work situation that makes me want to staple things to my head (or maybe someone else's head), that I'm actually really lucky. Some twentysomethings stumble through life without being part of an Urban Family. I have two. What did I do to deserve such excellent friends? Because I want to keep on doing it.

Plans for the Birthday Bar Mitzvah are coming along swimmingly. Hold February 11 for all semi-tasteless festivities. L'chaim!

2 comments:

I-66 said...

yes.. February 11.. still marked on the calendar.

Libberash said...

Good use of l'chaim! Maybe I should contract my Jewish technical services out for public consumption.
Next lesson: when to use, "oy" and when to use, "oy vey."